A downloadable game for Windows
KAELOS (Project KA) is a light realtime 3x strategy in space (6 months dev time, 2018).
The mission you have is simple: "Colonize" planets.
Example of Winning Conditions:
exploration victory, explore 75% of the planet's surface
exobiology victory, find 3 alien lifeforms
- all buildings and their functionality
- all units and their extended functionality (both primary and secondary abilities)
- full upgrade system (30 upgrades)
- full mouse and keyboard support (keyboard shortcuts: Enter for Fullscreen, A (fill analyzer), H (build headquarters) etc.)
- cursor interrogation (hover over points of interest and/or middle mouse click on squares/areas) and cursor helpers (e.g. cursor will turn red at an invalid action or green for a valid one plus an additional blueprint-like sprite)
- multiple points of feedback with both valid and invalid actions (e.g flashing triangle led, shaking text, red cursor etc.)
- 2 resources: MC (Metal-Crystal) and HF (Human Factor, which decays as people get old, the in-real-life speed of the game would be very fast)
- once per game, Request Supplies from back home, if you are running out of resources
- violent-free gameplay, no fighting/war/combat
- multiple ways of gathering resources (e.g from unit actions, from buildings, from upgrades)
- one single screen where all the action takes place
- one map with all area types and functionality
- statistics screen at victory
- high replayability via multiple ways to win (and to fail) the map (hint: finish the game once and you will see on the stats screen, other ways you can win the map)
- light realtime 3X gameplay experience (a game would take from 15 minutes up to 45 minutes from start to end)
- consequences of real(Earth) life issues
- wrap-exploring the edges of the map
- basic menu layout (main,pause,retry)
- basic anomaly functionality (when in contact with buildings, resources are being depleted)
- basic back-end analytics (you might get a firewall/network notification from KA)
Enjoy and feel free to leave feedback/comments down below.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.