A downloadable game
Project KA, now named KAELOS, is in development since late 2017, I (bradu) being the sole developer.
The mission you have is simple: Go from planet to planet (not included in this version) and "colonize" planets (for example, exploration victory = explore 75% of the planet's surface or exobiology victory = find 3 alien lifeforms on the surface of the planet or several other ways to victory).
tagline -"What if a grand strategy game wouldn't take a week to conclude ?" -
This build includes:
- all buildings and their functionality;
- all units and their extended functionality (both primary and secondary abilities);
- full upgrade system (30 upgrades);
- full mouse and keyboard support (keyboard shortcuts: A (fill analyzer), H (build headquarters) etc.);
- cursor interrogation (hover over points of interest and/or middle mouse click on squares/areas) and cursor helpers (e.g. cursor will turn red at an invalid action or green for a valid one plus an additional blueprint-like sprite);
- multiple points of feedback with both valid and invalid actions (e.g flashing triangle led, shaking text, red cursor etc.);
- 2 resources: MC (Metal-Crystal) and HF (Human Factor, which decays as people get old, the in-real-life speed of the game would be very fast);
- once per game, Request Supplies from back home, if you are running out of resources;
- violent-free gameplay, no fighting/war/combat;
- multiple ways of gathering resources (e.g from unit actions, from buildings, from upgrades)
- one single screen where all the action takes place;
- one map with all area types and functionality;
- statistics screen at victory;
- high replayability via multiple ways to win (and to fail) the map (hint: finish the game once and you will see on the stats screen, other ways you can win the map);
- light realtime 3X gameplay experience (a game would take from 15 minutes up to 45 minutes from start to end);
- consequences of real(Earth) life issues
- wrap-exploring the edges of the map;
- basic menu layout (main,pause,retry);
- basic anomaly functionality (when in contact with buildings, resources are being depleted);
- basic back-end analytics (you might get a firewall/network notification from KA);
- probably some bugs...
This build does not include :
- multiple maps;
- economy tweaks;
- interactive tutorial;
- story (for each planet, you find a piece of history);
- semi-able anomaly (overhauling the feature in the future);
- placeholder text helper on some interrogations (e.g. buildings);
Short gameplay below:
Enjoy and feel free to leave feedback/comments.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.